Recent Posts

Sunday, July 25, 2010

i never thought i'd write a blog...

True... I never thought I'd write a blog. But, as I was looking through interior design blogs this week, I became inspired. I'm a designer by trade, and although my work allows me to be creative, this is another great creative outlet.

In my past life I was an interior designer. Therefore, I was creating "beautiful homes"--unfortunately, they were for other people! So, now that I have moved to a new home and a new state, I get to create my own "beautiful home." For my job, now a furniture designer, I get to travel and shop for inspiration. I am also constantly reading design books and magazines. I look at this blog as a visual diary of my findings, whether for work or for myself.

I love kitchens... funny thing that I don't know how to cook a lot! But, because I love kitchens so much, and hope to have a beautiful one someday, I thought it would be fitting to start with one of my favorite ones. It also reflects my overall style... simple, but stylish. And, yes, its from a movie... But I still think its fabulous!


The clean lines and simple color palette are the perfect canvas for accents and pops of color. Even though its not the most practical, I love the honed black granite--perfection. And because of the simple cabinetry construction, the bracket details on the upper cabinets and the toe cutout and turned foot detailing on the lower cabinets are far from overwhelming. Simply lovely...

Have a good week, and until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment